# 3. Activate Secret Toggle
Lando has a secret contributor mode that you need to engage to contrib. To make that happen, complete the sections below:
# Fork and install Lando from source
- If you are not a Lando committer with write access to the official repo (opens new window), start by forking Lando (opens new window).
- Follow the install from source instructions using either the official repo (opens new window) or your fork.
- Clone the https://github.com/lando/lando repo into the same directory.
# Engage Contrib Mode
- Verify you've installed from source correctly
# Ensure you have the correct version of node installed node -v | grep v14. || echo "Wrong node version" # Ensure you have yarn installed yarn -v || echo "Yarn not installed" # Ensure you can run lando.dev lando.dev
- Activate the secret toggle
# Activate the secret toggle lando.dev --secret-toggle # Verify the toggle is on lando.dev contrib:list || echo "\n\nSecret toggle not on"