# Getting Started Evangelizing
Because Lando is a free and open source project without 🦄 money, we rely heavily on our users to spread the good word far and wide. These docs help identify some, but not all, of the ways you can evangelize and should provide you with some good starting materials.
# How do I evangelize?
While you should do you and evangelize in the way that best suits you, here are some things our more successful advocates do:
- Present, talk or train about Lando or Lando-adjacent materials at conference, camps, meetups, etc and to post those events at https://events.lando.dev (opens new window).
- Retweet Lando content, tweet directly at @devwithlando (opens new window) or engage in local dev or DevOps related Twitter threads.
- Troll local development blog content and mention Lando in the comments, if applicable.
- Get friends, colleagues, spouses, partners, pets, grandparents, former roommates, etc. to follow us @devwithlando (opens new window) and star our project on GitHub (opens new window).
- Buy a Vagrant or MAMP user a 🍺 and hit them with some sweet, sweet talking points.
Evangelism need not be directly Lando related!
It's important to note that content, presentations and other forms of evangelism need not be directly Lando focused. Presenting on something like automated testing but using Lando to do it is great too!